Turning Leaf’s Residential Treatment and Community Housing programs are designed to support adults (18 years and older) with a primary diagnosis of mental illness, developmental disability, co-occurring mental illness and substance use, personality disorder and/or history of traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Some individuals served additionally may present as behaviorally complex and/or medically complex.
Admission Criteria is a Primary Diagnosis of one (or more) of the following:
- Mental Illness
- Developmental Disability
- Dually Diagnosed Mental Illness and Intellectual/Developmental Disability
- Personality Disorder
- Co-occurring Substance Use Disorders, secondary to one of the above
- History of TBI
Referrals to Turning Leaf may be initiated by:
- Community Mental Health (CMH) case manager or supports coordinator
- Individual or their guardian, when applicable
- External Case Manager or Supports Coordinator
- Physician, Psychiatrist
- Mental health professional/Social worker or Therapist
- Hospital Discharge planner
If you would like to make a referral to Turning Leaf, contact us at email@example.com
Step 1: Download and fill out the application form.
- Physician Referral Form – The qualified mental health professional must complete this form and it should be mailed along with all pertinent supporting documents listed below.
Step 2: Complete the form and submit with supporting documentation.
Supporting documentation typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Psycho-social Assessment or other Mental Health Assessment
- Individual Plan of Service (IPOS)/Person Centered Plan (PCP)
- Psych Evaluation or Medication Review notes
- Current Medication List
- Behavior Treatment Plan (if applicable)
Turning Leaf Behavioral Health Services
PO Box 23218 Lansing MI 48909
Tel: (517) 393- 5203 ext. 117
Toll Free: (800) 777- 2918 ext. 117
Fax: (517) 393- 8968
Step 3: Participate in an interview.
The consumer may be asked to participate in a pre-admission interview. This interview can be conducted in person through a tour at a Turning Leaf location, in a hospital or other behavioral health program.
Step 4: Decision
After the completion of the process, the Access Manager will discuss with the Clinical Team and inform the referring agency of the determination.